In the SB ARTS Joyful Music classes, your children will learn the basics of music through play, repetition, call and response, and movement. They will grow in so many other ways as well…
- Brain Development: Music builds overall brain development and creates pathways in the brain that improve a child’s cognitive functioning.
- Language & Vocabulary: Songs and rhymes expand a child’s vocabulary as well as their ability to use language correctly.
- Auditory Perception: Auditory perception is the brain’s ability to make sense of what it hears through the ears. This is one of the most important skills for reading.
- Sound Patterns: Patterns form the basis of literacy and numeracy. Using patterns practiced through musical activities will help when learning to read, write, spell and do math.
- Motor Skills: Fine- and gross-motor skills, as well as coordination, are developed through music and movement-based activities.
- Self-Expression: Through music activities, children develop a sense of creativity and feel free to express themselves without judgment.
- Memory Skills: Children’s songs are usually filled with repetitive
Separate classes will be offered for 2-year-olds, 3-year-olds, and a combined 4- and 5-year old class. Each class will focus on age appropriate milestones so that they will be ready to continue their musical journey with any one of our skilled SB ARTS instructors.
preschool dance, preschool dance class, preschool dance falls church, preschool dance class falls church, preschool dance falls church va, preschool dance class falls church va
Columbia CDC FALL Joyful Music
Classes Run September 5 - December 15
Cost for Fall 2023
Joyful Music classes is $300
- 3-Year-Old Class - Classes are offered at lunch and naptime every weekday (M-F). Your child will attend one class per week. After you register and select “3-year-Class,” Jeanette King will be in touch regarding your child’s schedule.*
- 4- and 5-Year-Old Class - Classes are offered at lunch and naptime every weekday (M-F). Your child will attend one class per week. After you register and select “4/5-year-Class,” Jeanette King will be in touch regarding your child’s schedule.*
PLEASE NOTE: These classes are for children enrolled in the Columbia Baptist Church, Child Development Center only
*Children must be the class age (3, 4, or 5 years old) AND potty trained by September 5, 2023 in order to take this class.
Falls Church Community Fall Joyful Music
Classes Run September 19 - December 12
Cost for Fall 2023
Make Music with Me (2's) is $195, 13 sessions
Joyful Music (3-5) classes is $260, 13 sessions
- 2's "Make Music with Me", with parent or guardian
Tuesdays | 9:30 a.m.
- 3-5 Year-Old Class*
Tuesdays | 10:30 a.m.
Please Note: These classes are open to all children in Falls Church and surrounding communities
* Children must be the class age (3, 4, or 5 years old) AND potty trained by September 5, 2023 in order to take this class.